View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
Painting car 
2 Star User
2 Star User

So I replaced my crv. The new one I got is in need o body work resulting in a paint job. I'm staying with silver, that way doors/bay and what not don't need to change. For a average paint job what will I be looking to spend? Anyone local? Thanks

Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:40 pm
1 Star User
1 Star User

Straight scuff and spray around $350

Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:51 am
4 Star User
4 Star User

^ for a whole car?

sounds sketchy.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:29 am
Administrator
Administrator

Matt wrote:
^ for a whole car?

sounds sketchy.

If he's talking about who I think he's talking about it's not sketchy at all assuming the car is in good shape. This person painted the second half of my car (Not Brian) for about the same price and I think you can attest to how picky I am Matt. Realize that is $350 no materials for sure, add materials and the job becomes closer to $800 after primer, base, clear, hardener, etc etc.

Luke I honestly think it comes down to how well do you want this car to turn out. How damaged is the body, is there rust work that needs to be done? If so that $350 mentioned is not going to do it for sure, but if lets say all the panels are pristine, and it just needs a repaint I don't see why it should be more than that for the labor especially for no colour change, interior or bay being involved.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:28 pm
Profile YIM WWW
4 Star User
4 Star User

alright, labor rates $350 is ok. I figured if someone asked how much for a paint job, the paint would be included.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:11 pm
Administrator
Administrator

Not always the case as a lot of private painters will make you pick up the supplies and choose your colours, they just tell you how much of everything that you need. Generally if a shop like Lasalle or even Maacoo gives you an all in price, you can assume that they are making a quick profit even off of materials. I actually think I would prefer to pick up the materials myself in the case of painting to make sure that I am paying for what I am getting, and make sure you take back your extra from the painter you send it to so you can re-use for touch ups in the future assuming the consumables don't get too old.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:56 pm
Profile YIM WWW
4 Star User
4 Star User

If it's a daily who cares... but the difference between $350 and a good paint job is miles apart. I just paid $400 for a quart of glasurit clear for the hood and bumper on the 911.. The standox single stage on the corvair was $600 a gallon... but if it's a daily..who cares.. I used shit ass Omni paint on my chev 1500 when I had it.. Paint went down smooth, clear did as well.. Just a wet sand and it looked great from 5 feet.

Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:19 pm
1 Star User
1 Star User

Matt wrote:
^ for a whole car?

sounds sketchy.

Yes whole car and sometimes we include paint in the price it just depends who it's for and what they want

Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]