View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
wrote car off 
2 Star User
2 Star User

hey, so wrote the crv off last night... damn. anyways insurance is gonna look at it within the next few days and i need to know a few things asap. i took out my deck and other than that nothing inside. i had newer winters on it and a new spare tire. its in the lot right now so i went today and removed the spare off the back. will the insurance guy nail me for removing the spare tire and deck? i dont want to give them any reasons to screw me over. thanks! hope to hear someones input asap

luke

Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:25 pm
3 Star User
3 Star User

When I wrote the paseo off they never even looked at the spare tire so i wouldnt worry to to much as for the deck maybe put something in even if its a piece of crap as long as there's something. Depends on the insurance person really. What I did was I left the car as it was then continued calling to find out if they had gone to look at it and then right after they had I said I needed my personals out of it and practically gutted it. But any repairs or upgrades you've done and have the receipts for tires, stereo, and so on don't forget that hitch you got put on either, give them all that and it will up your return. They will find the lowest priced crv's with similar km's so look yourself and print out a couple higher priced ones with similar km's and send them that Aswell it all boosts it a bit so I've been told by a couple insurance ppl I know. Sorry to hear about it man that blows.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:10 pm
2 Star User
2 Star User

the only one close to mine is at hondas west end under 10 for 9500$ i know the insurance is gonna fuck me so when they give me the amount im gonna tell them to find me something mint with 160k for less that 7-8k. theres nothing on kijiji or auto trader so i dont know what im gonna do. i want another crv or pilot so i know its gonna cost me in the end.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:43 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]