View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Its winter time - Do work. 
4 Star User
4 Star User

Whats everyone doing over the winter... I'm putting discs on the back of the corvair and replacing all of the bushings with derlin and Monoballs. Then when spring hits the fiero gets a new motor... Also got a new F150 5.0 ... Cole got me an intake and it needs a tuner... Hard to believe with bolt ons I can trap 98mph in it... and its getting 20mpg .........in 4x4. no I am not exaggerating.

Other then that I sold the dumpster bike.. $400 in it, sold it for $900... sweet deals.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:03 am
Administrator
Administrator

I'll be doing 5 lug conversion on the civic, getting the suspension corner weighted after the new wheels are put on (Jon do you know of anyone with scales in town, and the know how to do it properly?), and I think I will be re-installing the break booster back on the car as the whole manual brake thing is pretty meh. Then re-tune in the spring.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:47 pm
Profile YIM WWW
3 Star User
3 Star User

I'll be removing the intake mani on my speed to install a TIG (thermal insulating gasket) that I won at a Mazda meet and probably doing a walnut media valve cleaning while I'm in there. The speeds are DI which means the valves get gunked up pretty bad. I'll be considering an EGR delete/block off depending on how bad the valves are and also a dual catch can set up utilizing the new PCV Plate that just came out. And finally a meth kit which all together should definitely help keep those intakes valves clean and should net 20 whp with a re-tune.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:12 pm
4 Star User
4 Star User

mazdaspeeding wrote:
I'll be removing the intake mani on my speed to install a TIG (thermal insulating gasket) that I won at a Mazda meet and probably doing a walnut media valve cleaning while I'm in there. .

leave the walnuts for bulk barn

http://extrudehoneafm.com/

I had my heads on the corvair done by them... it gets in places no dremel can.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:47 pm

For the Honda Life

- Advan Neovas for the white Regamasters
- Racing Gear street coilovers with a 1.5-inch drop
- Front lip spoiler

For the EG

- Lots of rest in storage

Pancake Racing JB7

Adventures in Japanland
http://limestonestreetscene.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=27

Intro
http://limestonestreetscene.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=136

Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:40 pm
Profile WWW
3 Star User
3 Star User

Boomer wrote:
mazdaspeeding wrote:
I'll be removing the intake mani on my speed to install a TIG (thermal insulating gasket) that I won at a Mazda meet and probably doing a walnut media valve cleaning while I'm in there. .

leave the walnuts for bulk barn

http://extrudehoneafm.com/

I had my heads on the corvair done by them... it gets in places no dremel can.

This would be better no doubt but I'm not pulling the head off. Just doing the intake valves only with the head still on one set at a time, rotating them closed as I go. Been done before lots with great success and I literally just recently inherited an air compressor and media gun...so yeah, somethings getting blasted lol.

Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:27 pm
3 Star User
3 Star User

Finally going to get at the Crx hopeing to get the engine pulled. Then get the b18 pulled out of the integra and dropped in the crx. Aswell as finish sanding the interior down and repaint then put all the panels back in and get the racing seats redone and mounted. Main goals for now gonna set up a build section soon. Don't think I'll get the time to get the turbo set up this winter

Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:37 pm
4 Star User
4 Star User

Finish wiring useless outlets and insulating my garage this weekend...

Have an FE3 Miata coming in for a full turbo kit...downpipe, manifold, wastegate pipe, intercooler piping, custom intercooler, custom engine mounts and oil pan to lower the engine in the chassis.

Then once that's done, I want to get my Miata project done for myself so I can enjoy some laps.

Im sure that there will be another turbo kit this winter too... taking all of my time. I have a guy interested already, just no deposit/date confirmation... good for me being open ended right now though... Miata will take a while.

Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next