View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:10 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
What am I missing here? 
3 Star User
3 Star User

I roll raced a black with red racing stripes Mustang that had SHELBY across the back and a GT500 badge on the side and the snake decal on the grille in 5th from 130ish to 190ish. It was a couple Asian guys (looked like father and son) with US plates. We were nose to nose, dead even the whole way until we had to brake for a curve....all sarcastic bullshit responses aside, why didn't they destroy me? I'll be the first to say my car pulls hard on the highway, especially is 5th, but even with two guys and potentially luggage and a full tank of gas and gears for drag, shouldn't this thing have pulled hard? We definitely lined up even and left together, my only guess is he left it in 6th maybe and floored it. I don't know my Mustangs and have found differing info on Shelbys vs GT500's and all the different generations/variations etc. Car looked legit, not a 4.6 with badges/decals etc. Are there versions of the GT500 that make less than the 540hp I googled? cause clearly I woud've got rocked by anything with 540hp. Against my better judgement I've posted this so flame away lol.

Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:39 pm
1 Star User
1 Star User

Does it matter?
You drove like a tard, but you didn't lose.

It all comes down to gearing.

Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:23 am
4 Star User
4 Star User

early GT500's were rated at 500hp and ran high 12's. There heavy as hell. I raced a friends new 5.0 thats all loaded up with the leather and glass roof etc.. His car is over 4000# ... mine was 3400 (my old 05 GT) it was dead even...

it's a tubby bitch of a car.. I would bet it weighs at least 1000# more then the mazda. The old adage is that every 10# you lose it like adding 1hp

Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:23 am
3 Star User
3 Star User

Mazda's 3150, so yeah easily a 1000lbs heavier. Plus a couple dudes and luggage and thats one heavy boat. I'm marking this down as a legit run. ;)

Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]