View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:14 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
At First Glance: Your Opinions on the new Forums!? 

How do you feel about the new forum design and layout?
I absolutely love the changes, and am looking forward to frequently using the forums! 76%  76%  [ 13 ]
I am still undecided on whether I like the new layout or not, I need some time to make up my mind. 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
I prefer the old layout over this new one (Please state why in a comment if possible!) 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 17

At First Glance: Your Opinions on the new Forums!? 
Administrator
Administrator

jt_rebel wrote:
I think the board design is great, but it feels a bit too "white" sometimes. There needs to be some contrast, or maybe some official LSS colours need to be decided on? Like the Mugen colors. Perhaps three colours should be chosen and made official?

Regardless, if not, it feels there should be some contrasting items somewhere, but that's just my opinion.

On the plus side, white is easy to use, and perhaps less clutter colour-wise is better. What do you think?

Also, I will be stoked to see the banner image rotate various images. It would be sick if it wasn't just a photo, but perhaps a stylized version of user rides... like the one now... It might take some time to do that, but real original art trumps all.

ALSO, one big point would be:

Where is the ST. LAC section or even just a section for motorsports events? Has LSS turned into all-show no-go?

Hey dude, all good suggestions. There has definately been a struggle with the white as some people love it and would never want to see it go back to dark, and some says it "hurts they're eyes" which I find hard to believe as I have had to stare at these forums more than anyone in the past 3 weeks, my eyes are great :-) As for the contrast you nailed it on the head....you know you speak quite a lot like a designer, good on ya. Contrast will definately be bumped up as soon as possible, but it's honestly not as easy as just changing a couple of drop down colour boxes as much as I wish it was.

The banner will NEVER go back to a scrolling banner as that was the biggest waste of bandwidth ever. The banner will however change and rotate once every week or two to keep it fresh. I will be modifying photos of members rides every time and incorporating them creatively as you mentioned.

Thanks for all the great suggestions Jay!

Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:54 am
Profile YIM WWW

Thanks Emilio!!!

While I'm not a painter or something, I do have an artist's mind!

Gotcha on the scrolling banner. Your plan for that sounds perfect.

Whatever the opinions, usually the first incarnation of anything goes through major changes, but your first draft is pretty slick, and almost needs nothing more.

As for contrast, I wouldn't say it has to be dark like the old one (the white doesn't hurt my eyes), just some balance on the page in general. Probably white could be the base. However, I do notice the grey touches, which look pretty good.

Pancake Racing JB7

Adventures in Japanland
http://limestonestreetscene.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=27

Intro
http://limestonestreetscene.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=136

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:06 am
Profile WWW
Administrator
Administrator

jt_rebel wrote:
Thanks Emilio!!!

While I'm not a painter or something, I do have an artist's mind!

Gotcha on the scrolling banner. Your plan for that sounds perfect.

Whatever the opinions, usually the first incarnation of anything goes through major changes, but your first draft is pretty slick, and almost needs nothing more.

As for contrast, I wouldn't say it has to be dark like the old one (the white doesn't hurt my eyes), just some balance on the page in general. Probably white could be the base. However, I do notice the grey touches, which look pretty good.

Yes essentially I'm going to try to push the gray accents darker and it should be enough to set it off from the rest of the whiteness. I think a lot of whats happening is I do all my edits and design on a 27" LED monitor, which I have calibrated and the brightness just perfect. A lot of people are using all kinds of different monitors so it's hard as the forums look totally different to oone person than the other. Rob was saying he had pixelation on the leters in Limestone Street Scene at the top. Anyone else having this issue? I beleive its his resolution is set to something wierd cause I don't have any issues on my 27", my 15.6" macbook, and my iPhone.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:12 am
Profile YIM WWW

I've got a 27" panel as well. It looks pretty good on it!

Stoked it's going to display on iPhone well... That's one thing the older LSS lacked. Had to scroll sideways all the time.

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:32 am
Profile WWW
Administrator
Administrator

ALRIGHTTTTTTT people. After about 2 hours of ripping my hair out this morning due to a minor over sight in my FTP usage, I finally have the new forum layout/theme LIVE! Do you notice the more contrast in the grays? No more orange text anywhere for new posts. Just made everything generally a bit dark for people who were complaining about the contrast, and brightness. To be honest I personal prefer it this way to. This is intended to be one of the last MAJOR changes to the forums layout. I want to stick with something everyone likes, and just modify the banners, as well as build up some content in here.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK OF THE NEW COLOURS!

Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:35 am
Profile YIM WWW

It's looking good mon Capitan!

Pancake Racing JB7

Adventures in Japanland
http://limestonestreetscene.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=27

Intro
http://limestonestreetscene.ca/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=136

Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:43 am
Profile WWW
2 Star User
2 Star User

can a chat or msn type mod be added instead of using pm's

Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:04 pm
Profile WWW
1 Star User
1 Star User

really liking the layout now that I'm back on the board emilio. About the only thing I'm not liking is the ghost town feel, wish there was more action around here, as I'd like more local stuff to look at online, as I'm on numerous forums for automotive, guns, audio, etc, but most are not local, but national/multinational based, with members very spread out.

Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:09 am
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next