View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Kinda a newb here - 02 purple cavalier with the 3400 

So I was on the board a few years ago briefly and made it to a meet or two. Figured I may as well re establish myself out here and make it to more events on sundays! My name is Chris and currently whilst I prep to say farewell to this purple monstrosity I own and usher in a new era with a new to me 2002 blue indigo Z24 body I'm currently driving a burgundy 03 GMC Yukon XL.

Here's the vehicle info for the cav as it currently sits awaiting its doom:

Drivetrain: 2.2L getrag F23 5spd mated to a stage 3 bully clutch, (may he rest in peace) Rick Kelly's 3400 V6, top swapped with 3500 heads & lower intake mani, 3500 intake plenum, 3.5L shortstar throttle body (65mm), HP Tuned, polyurethane upper motor mount insert, polyurethane lower dogbone mount, polyurethane transmission mount inserts, 2.25 custom exhaust from header back, 3 stage magnaflow high flow cat, 18" cherry bomb resonator, Walker high flow muffler, digital Wideband, custom CAI with K&N filter

Exterior: 95-98 z24 front/rear swap, HD Technic's Lip molded and painted to match, 1 piece projectors w Halo's, 8000k HID's, stock fog lights installed, IF side skirts, CF Invader hood by VIS Racing, 2000+ Toyota Cavalier tail lights (Kouki's), 18" Fast Wheel's Chameleon 2's w red inserts, painted calipers, car painted Dark Cherry Metallic Clear, Optima red top batt relocated to trunk, blacked out engine bay

Suspension: KYB AGX struts, Aerospeed coilovers lowered approx 2", polyurethane bushings in lower control arms, swaybar installed on front, J-Body vert front strut brace, vibrant rear strut brace

Interior: Covered Dash, NRG short hub adapter, NRG Quick Release, NRG CF alike steering wheel, triple gauge pod A pillar with all digital Wideband - volt - oil pressure gauges by glowshift, replaced roof liner with dark charcoal colour, windows tinted, B&M Short Shifter

Audio: Clarion VRX 585USB indash flip dvd player, 1 farad powerbass cap, 1800.2 powerbass amp, 12" Kaption CL in ported box (hit 135.2db), Kaption coaxial 4x6's, Kaption coaxial 6x9's

With the swap I also intend to do some upgrades like suspension, the skirts, additional gauges and redoing the dash. Also I'll be rocking a stock 02 Z24 front bumper with the one year only and more challenging to aquire lip on it still until I can afford to have the 98z front end painted to match the car and replace the headlights with new ones of the same build.

Mon May 20, 2013 8:27 am
4 Star User
4 Star User

Very cool swap. Welcome. I have a fiero with a northstar. Love gm swaps

Mon May 20, 2013 8:47 am
3 Star User
3 Star User

Bout time you got on here good luck on the trek tomorrow to get the wife's horse trailer

Mon May 20, 2013 7:27 pm

thx boomer! I'll try and take a bunch of pix while we kill it this weekend and swap it into a new home.

Josh I hope things go well with this trailer and it's what you 2 are after lol! also hoping to save you some bux on it lol!

Mon May 20, 2013 8:43 pm
Administrator
Administrator

Always cool to see these cars actually get modified properly, well done! Weird that I have never seen it around?

Welcome to the boards, and hope to see you out this year!

Mon May 20, 2013 9:24 pm
Profile YIM WWW
1 Star User
1 Star User

This car turns my head every day when I drive by it. I have to ask tho, why are you swapping it all to the blue Cav? This shell looks pretty clean. I have
the '02 Z24 lip on my car too, but its not a Cavalier...

Tue May 21, 2013 7:40 pm

Emilio wrote:
Always cool to see these cars actually get modified properly, well done!

True say! 8-)

Wed May 22, 2013 12:24 pm
3 Star User
3 Star User

I just stopped in to see the swap being done today looks good so far guess it'll be ready tomorrow sometime. And as far as I can see the purple one has a cracked windshield and dented roof and I think the interior wasn't all that great I'm sure there's more I don't know about and he will post up the answers. But the blue one is really clean and there's him and 2 others out there doin the swap so I'll chat with him a little later and tomorrow and hopefully he can make it out Sunday night with the new one up and running.

Sat May 25, 2013 5:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next