View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Kingston garbage bag limit. 
1 Star User
1 Star User

Property tax is based on house value and services available at lot.

I would like to know how you figure Kingston city people "pay more" for these services unless you are speaking purely on price of the house itself.

Moral of my story is I cannot believe how much whining and bitching i have heard on the news and radio over 2 dollars a week.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:06 am
2 Star User
2 Star User

I don't have a Kingston property tax bill in front of me right now, but there is a section on it for the cost of waste removal, it's not "free" or "included" in the city.

We usually have 2 bags, but not huge ones, this means we'll have to put those two smaller bags into one big bin liner bag before it goes to the curb.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:41 am
4 Star User
4 Star User

included meaning its on your tax bill and not an option. yes you pay for it.

either way, no reason that someone cant be resourceful and save but i wouldnt put it past people to do.

I also read last week something about size limits but that may have been for recycling of large packages. if you make your contractor back super heavy and giant they may just leave it at the end of your driveway. WSIB wouldnt like the claims from injured people from 100lb garbage bags.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:47 am
1 Star User
1 Star User

i have that same "fee" your paying for the truck to come to your house not the price of your bags

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:54 am
2 Star User
2 Star User

Yup, you have to pay for it whether you use it or not, just like school taxes.

(maximum 20 kg, 44 lbs or 135 litres) per household each week. I'm pretty sure we're always under that limit.

But yeah, I wonder if the city will eventually lose the money it's saving by having higher WSIB claims for waste removal workers.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:55 am
1 Star User
1 Star User

my limit is the same i've put out much heavier and they took it, totally depends on how much of a dick your garbage man is lol

kinda like how picky the recycling guy is

Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:58 am
1 Star User
1 Star User

We get 100 tags a year with our taxes.... For the two of us, its more then enough we generally have 20-30 left over.

Aside from that we can just go to the dump with truckloads of reno waste, and its free .... However its supposed to be $10 a truckload, but it helps its not the city, and neighbours also run the place part time...

My parents pay retarded taxes, and looking at real estate papers lately, it is based on several things, but overall the city pays a SHIT TON for taxes... PLUS all the extra services... Water, Sewer, etc are not "inlcuded" in the taxes... because those services are available at the lots... It also costs money to have those services installed, and doesn't count in the tax bill.

Things that are:
LVEC debt
Extremely Expensive "Studies"
City Employee wages
& more.

I won't move to the city limits if you paid me... well.. depending on how much.... lol

Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:53 pm
Profile WWW
3 Star User
3 Star User

The current bags I were using were 70ish litres.

Switch to 127L ones.

:o

Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4